105 Cavalry Road, Westport CT, 06880, firstname.lastname@example.org, 203.984.3427
An experienced administrative/office management professional with a background in various industries including government & land use law, construction, property management, and zoning & development. Operates with limited supervision, performing a wide variety of responsible office managerial and record keeping duties requiring confidentiality and the use of independent judgment. Highly organized with strong executions skills. This work required considerable contact with the public, knowledge of office procedures, and sound business practices. Private projects involved considerable capital risk and adherence to tight budgets, schedules & deadlines. Responsibilities have included keeping all the books and records of the Town of Westport Zoning Board of Appeals and liaising between other Town and State departments for the Zoning Board of Appeals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Advanced knowledge of land use law and CT State Statutes
- Self starter, executing projects on time and on budget
- Sound knowledge of modern business administration procedures and procurement practices
- Departmental budget planning & management
- Specialized knowledge of advanced record retention principles, practices and FOI Act requirements
- Good knowledge of office terminology, procedures, equipment and maintenance
- PC & iOS trained
- QuickBooks, MS Power Point, Excel, Word, Outlook Calendar, One Drive, iCloud, GIS & FEMA Flood maps
- Industry specific proprietary software
- Concise and accurate data entry and processing
- Ability to take meeting minutes where appropriate
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written directions
- Ability to get along well with others
- Sound judgment & honesty
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Tact & courtesy
PI SECURITY (2016)
- Assisted owner with the day to day running which including heavy scheduling, generating proposals for constuction and installations, accounts management, risk mitigation, AR & AP, office management & records keeping;
- Compliance with CT & NY State rules and regulations;
- Oversight of accounting and field personnel.
ADMIRAL CONSERVATION (2015- 2016)
- Administrative and clerical work, contract preparation and review, redlining contracts, project research, procurement, estimating and proposal preparation, secretarial duties, generating office correspondence, answering E-mail and automated inquiries, answering phones and inquiries, data entry, record keeping, accounts receivable & collections;
- Clients included Pratt & Whitney, Sikorski, BIC, Pace University, Fairfield University, and other residential and commercial projects.
For Flax Appraisals, Old Greenwich CT
- Streamlined quality control which included proof reading, data entry, record keeping, and scheduling; achieved desired goals of strengthening client relations & improving turnaround times. Real Estate Appraisal valuation methods for real estate closing transactions, probate, courts, and mortgaging
CONSULTANT ON LAND USE ISSUES, CONSTRUCTION & REAL ESTATE INVESTOR ISSUES (2003-present)
For Various Private Clients
- Projects involved real property development & potential “Best” use principles, during the proposal and implementation phases, including subdivision;
- Counseled land owners and developers through the permitting process, including approvals by various land-use Boards and Commissions & through their respective application and public hearing phases;
- Has assisted local business owners with zoning violation resolution.
- Supervised a West Coast estate through probate till closing with rental properties in San Francisco and Vancouver;
- Interacted with lawyers on complex legal and estate issues;
- Interacted with tenants, ensured tenant occupancy, positive cash flow and return;
- Managed property improvement and maintenance & identified property preservation issues.
REAL ESTATE AGENT (2014-present)
- Currently holds a realtor license and member in good standing of the Mid Fairfield County Board of Realtors.
TOWN OF WESTPORT, ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS & TOWN OF WESTPORT, PLANNING & ZONING DEPARTMENT
Office Manager & ZBA Clerk (Appointed to position by the First Selectman of the Town of Westport)
General Statement of Duties:
- Performed all the administrative and clerical work and had complete charge of all the books and records of the Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA);
- Office managerial and record retention functions as required by CT State Law & fulfilled continuing education requirements of CT Land Use Law, FOI Act & seminars for Planning & Zoning and ZBA members or staff.
Examples of Work:
- Prepared meeting agendas, set up materials for ZBA members, composed & sent legal notices to newspapers;
- Prepared all meeting materials for ZBA members;
- Attended meetings of the Zoning Board of Appeals;
- Kept complete and accurate records of all proceedings;
- Prepared minutes of the meetings;
- Used computer applications such as Microsoft spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, e-mail and GIS database software in performing work assignments;
- Answered all communications under the direction of the Chairperson;
- Sent notices of regular and special meetings;
- Sent notices of written orders of the Board setting forth the determination or decision to appellant or applicant;
- Liaised between all Town Departments for the Board, maintained files and correspondence for ZBA members;
- This work involved considerable contact with the public, answering phones and inquiries on P&Z or ZBA issues by the public, documenting zoning complaints;
- Scheduling review and permit appointments for P&Z Staff;
- Assisting in public inquiries concerning FEMA Flood maps;
- Generating office correspondence;
- Record and file retention adhering to strict FOI and State regulation guidelines;
- Weekly accounts reconciling and reporting to the Town Comptroller.
- 2013 - Real Estate Principles and Practices (General State & Federal Real Estate Law –transactional/contracts, valuation, disclosure and financing).
- Yale University Political Science & International Relations continuing public lecture forums (International Law).
- 1999 - Land Use Continuing Partnership training sessions for Planning & Zoning Commissions and Zoning Boards of Appeals (Real Estate Development & Zoning Law).
- 1997 - CT Land Use Law Principles seminars offered by CT Bar Association, Yale Law School (Real Estate Development & Zoning Law).
- York University - Bachelor of Arts, Political Science & International Relations.
Is an avid outdoors-man and sportsman who enjoys water sports, recreational boating, fishing and sailing. Is traveled throughout Europe, Asia Minor, Australia and the Pacific & enjoys Arts, Architecture, and Culture.